Sunday, November 1, 2015

Timeling blog post

After reading and examining timelines from different groups, I have noticed there are many differences throughout each group's timeline. We all had the same assignment and we were all given the same sources to go for information. However, each group found different events to put on their timeline. In the beginning of this project I thought I would constantly see the same events in each presentation.
I noticed many similarities with group’s choosing events that showed negativity towards the topic. What I didn’t see often were events that showed major accomplishments or improvements with the topics. I feel like this happened because the events that were negative made more of an impact to the students. It stood out to them more than the positive events did. Made more of an impact because they can relate to each event in some way.
The themes that the group’s used went along well with their presentation showing how the theme related to the events they choose and why they find it important. I didn’t seem to find any similar themes among the groups which shows me that each group had a different perspective on the project than others did.
Things that surprised me during the presentations were events from a long time ago that I never heard of. There were many events that were on these timelines that I was never taught in History which is disturbing. All the events should be taught to us because it is all apart of our History. However, many of the events were events that did not shock me because I am aware of them.
The fact that numerous events I was never taught is shocking. The wicked events that happened towards not only the african americans, but the asian americans and the latino hispanic americans. All these events that would not be found in any History textbook because people think they aren’t relevant to our History. Which shows that I do not know as much of my History as I thought I did. There can easily be many events that are not being told to me and shows how people choose what we know about.

No comments:

Post a Comment