Thursday, November 19, 2015

In Class Discussion

When we had our discussion in class with three ladies, they told us their struggles due to gender in the profession world and in their personal lives.  Now at first I had a few questions but as the conversation grew deeper I found myself outside of myself.  That may sound strange but it felt as if i was an actual spectator of the whole class.  I was dumbfounded by certain situations that they have gone through.  On top of that it hit close to home because some of those  situations happened within the school itself.  I don't necessarily blame it for happening because we were basically conditioned to think this way in society.  But what I took from the discussion is that I need to change and respect women more and don't just assume their position on things because of how the ideal woman is supposed to be.  I also realized that we can use the fight against gender to amplify the fight against race.  It's all the same principles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment