Monday, November 9, 2015

The Color of Fear

One scene that stood out to me was when the Chinese guy was talking on multiple occasions.  He stood out to me because of his approach, he was very calm, and said everything very precise.  Another scene that stood out to me is when the light skin Black guy got angry and said what he had to say.  Now some may argue that even though the the documentary was about The color of Fear, that this specific Scene showed the stereotype of a black man.  I can see where people are coming from with this argument but I argue that this shows more then just a stereotype.  This also shows the anger built up from the years of pain, suffering and unjust the black community has gone through and continue to go through.  Choosing which person I most connected with is very hard being the person that I am.  I stepped out of myself and put my feet in everyone's shoes.  I connected with all of them. I listened and embraced what each and every body said. I became them.  I did such things because I wanted to understand everyone's point of view.  The Prominent issue that was raised in the film was that in which Euro-Americans had advances and privilege that I come to believe that they have no recognition of it.  The white guy in the film proved to me that some whites have no idea they have privilege.  They are blind to the fact that they can buy a house quicker than the the black family.  At the beginning of the film, there was a lot of discussion over the term American.  The definition of being American in this film is being white.  Being white is equivalent to being American/human.  They also talked about how being American means that you have to just drop your own culture.  I would identify myself as African American.  

No comments:

Post a Comment