Monday, November 16, 2015

Timeline blog

I have learned a lot through every ones presentation. There were plenty of great information in each timeline. I was able to learn about different races and key dates and events. In my project I was to focus on key dates and event which there were so many to chose from. On one of the key dates that I put in my presentation that really stuck out to me was that in 1808 Importation of slaves into the United States is officially banned, though it continues illegally long after the ban (my timeline). This to me is a huge problem because us the less dominant people believe that we something finally good came out of all this bad. That the torture would finally stop, but then it stills happens after they banned it. It doesn't make that much sense to me because why do they make a rule if it's going to happen either way and no one will do anything to stop it.
I have found a particular date that stood out to me that I've seen in most of the timelines. "1913: California passes law to prevent aliens ineligible for citizenship from owning land."(Rameses timeline) This event first of all made me sit and think about how cruel it is for them to call immigrants, people not born in the U.S. aliens. It shows the lack of respect we have for one another in this world and represents that if your not from America the "land of the free" then basically your not part of the world your just an alien that we don't allow or associate with. Also in 1913 these so called aliens are not able to even own any land. The U.S. prevent them from owning any land so they are either living on the streets or working for someone as a slave. This is just not right for the people who were not born here because some of them came by force not even by choice and they don't at least have the the right to anything they are just aliens who basically are not allowed to live life.
This date is able to compare with the Immigrants not being able to own land and being called aliens. Also this around our generation so this date also shows that some of this stuff that happens in our world we are able to live it. "2013: Hispanics make up about one-sixth of the U.S. population. By the middle of the century, the Latino population is expected to reach 127 million." (Rameses timeline) this to me means the lower group of dominance is able to rise up into the U.S. and have a part in the world. These so called aliens are 1/6 of the U.S. so they make up a lot of the population and actually play a big role in our world. But we all neglect Hispanics by referring them as immigrants which is a huge stereotype dealing with Hispanics.
These timelines are able to connect with each other and have some type of effect on our world. I am able to point out some of the problems but there are many more that our world and our country faces today.

No comments:

Post a Comment