Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Blog Post about today

Something I took away from today's conversation in class was that we live in a male dominated society. Especially when I've heard that word "secretary" often being brought up in where a woman is generally thought of to work as. I learned to consider woman's feelings because all woman are different and most want more out of life than to just be known as a secretary. It's very wrong to just classify them as that and I feel that our perceptions as a male should change. Woman work as hard and for some even harder than other men, so why should they be lower than the men? I also made a very ignorant comment on how I felt that woman shouldn't have too much power, but little did I know that woman have little to no power. We don't understand how hard it must be for women to be comfortable in their own skin without people's influence in their life nor do we see the challenges that they may face on a daily basis. My whole perspective changed and I started looking at how things really are in society. Men hold all the power. The society we live in is male based. Women have little say in things and are often brushed off.  I connected what we learned in class today to Intent vs Impact. For example, when we expect women to nurture children it's because we think it's something they love doing( cooking, cleaning,etc..) and we intend it to be a positive thing as well a natural thing. However, what we intend may be the opposite because all women aren't like that and we all fail to realize that as a male. The impact is when women feel like they are always supposed to be at home looking after the children, cooking, cleaning,etc.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment