Saturday, November 28, 2015

Blog post

In the last class discussion we had I learned about the struggles certain gay people go through. They are regular people who are treated like outsiders in society. It was very interesting to learn their point of view yet I'm sure everyone was uncomfortable with the topic. However, the men who were gay were comfortable being themselves which was all that mattered and to know that they were accepted into their families even with their sexuality shocked me the most. Most families would look at their family member differently and start treating them differently which is what I thought might have been the case with them as well. But, when I heard the man who said  he had a gay uncle and he's been around him since he was little, it made it easier for his family to accept him because his uncle is gay too. Although it's something I wouldn't be, I still have to respect people like this because they face more problems then I ever would and they still have the courage to speak on it and be what they are proudly and unashamed. Also, that as humans we tend to prejudge much too often and think too highly of ourselves. For example when people try to keep their distance away from people because they are gay and think that that person may like them, when in reality that person might not find the other person attractive at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment