Sunday, November 15, 2015

Timelines

I notice that a lot of the similarities in these timelines have a lot to do with the "firsts" of many things. The timelines have much to do with the first person to do this or the first race to do this etc.  I believe that the reasons for these similarities is because these moments always stand out as the most significant and extraordinary in our history. It typically marks the start or beginning of something and since it was the first it will always be remembered. I knew some of the milestones that were in the timelines but then there were others that shocked me because I had never knew about it. Even if I did know about it I never knew the exact origin of how they started or what happened. We can learn that history is really 'his'tory  and its based on whoever tells it. The person who tells the history and writes the history in textbooks writes what he/she wants to write and not every detail. I've learned that history is truly based on perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment