Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Color of fear

Right off the bat off the movie, the title, the attire, the skin color, it screamed racism into my head. I wasn't really expecting what I got from the movie, however I think it'll be best to say I already had a great thought of what the movie's message(s) was to the public because of what we discussed in class. However, it was a great way to express and see the actual feelings of these people that we generally talk about from a personal perspective. I respect how they didn't only focus on white and black people like the usual racial conflict documentaries. This movie made me ask myself, "how does it feel to be judged by the color of your skin, and what the people of your skin color do to be used towards you?" Honestly, I've never given it much thought, but I'd definetely agree with Victor because I can relate to him the most. Victor definitely isn't happy with being judged by the color of his skin. He feels as if it's holding him back in society, making it so that the black man is always a level under the white man. He gets extremely emotional at a point in this movie when he is trying to explain to David, but David doesn't seem to understand Victor's point right away. I would too, because when you look at it, it's like, why should I, the black man have to work ten times harder than you, the white man, just to achieve the same thing as you just because of what society sees us as. I can relate this to something we briefly discussed in the beginning of the term. We have equality but not justice and also, yes, we have come long ways with racism, but we have not yet ended it. In my opinion, it never will end, because there's always going to be one man at the top who wants the best for himself, and isn't worried about whether him having the best for his self will make it something worse for the next man. At the end, once David actually listened to what Victor had to explain to him with his ears and watched his fed up emotions, he finally understood, how hard it is for Victor to get through life, when he handy done anything wrong. Just to know that that's not just for Victor, that's for a whirl group of people, ostracized because of the color of their skin, it brought him to tears. 

No comments:

Post a Comment