Friday, December 4, 2015

Sexism

When we had our class discussion with Ms.Sweeny, Mrs.Baker, and Mrs.Torto i felt a little enbarrissed. I felt that way because i really diden't know that men are treating women the way they are. I was shocked hearing about what happened to Mrs.Baker's life based on male privilage. She told us that most of happened here at Benedict's. She talked about how her name of her job role was underrated. Also  how she couldent get promoted to a higher level in the job. This stood out to me the most because it happens in our own school. I wasent expecting it to happen here and it did. I was also shocked with Ms.Sweeny story because she worked for the goverment and she was sexualy abused. I never expected something like this because we are condition to think that the goverment never does anything wrong. This stood out because i see the goverment as always trying to help the country and try to help us (the people). I usually see something like this to happen in movies. Not in real life. After she told us this i was shocked and now i look at the goverment in a diffrent way. Sometimes I think about and question myself how often does this happen? What I took from this discussion is that me as a male i should change the way i treat women. Sometimes we under rate women and we dont even notice it. This disscusion made me realise how men are conditioned and thats how we are rasised. This made me realise that i have the power to change it. This is what i got from this discusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment