Sunday, December 13, 2015

Transgender Discussion. Blog post #8

From what I learned from the class discussion about transgenders is that people in this group probably have it the hardest in this world. I know that because people are now becoming more accepting of gay couples or gay people but not that much. Being transgender is a whole new thing and has been made to be viewed as a person not knowing who they are. I learned that transgender people don't exactly understand there feelings at first and it takes time for them to really know who they are. It did feel weird seeing a transgender up close but at the same time it was exciting because it was my first experience and to be able to hear her point of view on being a transgender was truly a humbling experience. I'd never understand what she may go through on a daily basis, but the fact that she was bold enough to be able to talk in front of the classroom about her sexuality, I give her nothing but respect. Also, hearing that her own family did not accept her and her younger sisters did made me feel bad for her because I couldn't even imagine being in a situation where your own family rejects you because of what you stand for. I also learned what she had to keep injecting herself with hormones to keep her indentity as being a female. I thought it was a choice to be transgender but I learned it also has something to do with how your wired on the inside. So when people act as if transgenders are outcasts, I understand the difficulties they  have and I'd treat them like any other person because in reality they are human beings too. They have feelings too so why judge them? Meeting one in person changed my whole perception of all transgenders.

No comments:

Post a Comment