Monday, December 14, 2015

transgender

I'm not going to lie I was uncomfortable the whole time. But during the class conversation I made sure to listen. Once I got home I began to think about all the problems they have. I learned that even though I don't agree with the lifestyle I should try to accept it. Even if I think of it as a sin what makes that worse than lying, cheating, or stealing. On a daily basis we accept people who do things to hurt others but make life hard for LGBT people. I was not shock to hear about the killings with transgender people in relationships. I would say it was the fault of the transgender person but I see now that was a dangerous way of thinking. When she said that she had little connection with her family it made me think was it really worth it. She said she was also happy with her life now. Her transformation was very important to her. I also learned about the differences between transgender, tranny, dragqueen, transexual, and transvestite. I thought they were all the same. Transgender people who have shown much characteristic of the opposite gender without actually doing surgery. Tranny is an insult to them, I did not know this I thought it was an okay term. Drag Queen in someone who dresses up like the opposite sex but for entertainment purposes. Transvestite is the same thing as drag queen but is more for personal reasoning than for entertainment.Trans go through so much and we all need to learn how to accept them.                  

No comments:

Post a Comment