Monday, December 14, 2015

Transgender Discussion

      The discussion really taught me a lot about the transsexual community. Common questions that I have about how their everyday life is different and how they deal with the fact that they know their different were answered. I realized that being transsexual is not something that someone chooses to be the same way one does not choose to be LGBT. This is something that they are born knowing. Our guest speaker told us that she knew she was not fit to be a man when she was around the age of 3. I also learned about terms that we thought were acceptable but really weren't and why. The discussion really enlightened me to the fact that there are different people around the world and that people do not choose what they want to be the same way we chose to be a man and straight. The feelings that people have about their identity is a mix of environment and  innate beliefs.

No comments:

Post a Comment