Friday, December 4, 2015

Sexuality

In this discusion about sexuality i felt very weird. I am a straight man that likes women. I dont have a problem myself with gay people but i just feel uncomfortable when there around me or start talking to me. Even though they might not be atratcted to me i still get that feeling that he is "checking me out". I think and feel this way because of the way i am conditioned. But in general the disscusion was good. I think i showed respect towards our guest. I tried my best to understand what each person went through and what they have to go threw on any given day. The guest that classified him as a "Queer" was very passionate and proud of how he is. I liked how he has a group in Newark that helps out people that might classify themselves as "Queer" or gay. The group he has helps  the kids classify there gender and helps them deal with what they are. Like a lot of the kids that might be gay might have problems at home because there parents might not allow it. What this guy is doing is a good idea and a good plan in my point of view. Another person that i would like to talk about is the white gay man. Now a days parents are starting to allow there sons to be gay but back then it was rare. What this man had to go threw to tell his parents that he was gay but of been really hard. If i was gay and i had to tell my parents that  they would of beat my ass. This disscusion made me think about what each person had to go threw. They g threw way more problems compaired to straight people because its normal to be straight. But i gained and learned a lot from this discussion.

No comments:

Post a Comment