Monday, December 14, 2015

Transgender Blog

After this class I came to the realization of a lot of things. I never really payed attention to the transgenders in my everyday life because I am not personally close to any that I know of. Therefore, the struggles that they go through never cross my mind. We did something very similar with females and gay or queer males. So i already knew i was going to be shocked as to what Brianna had to say. And i have to say that the one thing that really surprised me, were the prices Brianna was telling the class about to have the things she needed and how none of it was covered because being a transgender is not a popular thing in today’s society. It is frowned upon even by doctors. So when a transgender tries to go seek help, sometimes going to a doctor isn’t even the right place to go. When i saw Brianna and was in a discussion with her, it opened my eyes to show that trans people aren’t any different than any other straight male or straight female. They were just born in the wrong body and they are living life the way they feel is right and i believe Brianna portrays that great.

No comments:

Post a Comment