Sunday, December 13, 2015

Transgender Discussion

In our discussion last Friday I learned a whole lot. I got to meet a trans women and got to ask her questions. She talked about her life before and after she went through the transitioning process. She knew from birth that being a boy did not feel right for her. This answers questions I have about when or how do you know if you like the same sex or want to be a different sex. There have been debates about if the person knows this stuff when they are born or if it is how they are raised to think like that. After what she said and other LGBT people I know, I believe it is known before birth and not raised into that behavior or mindset. We also talked a lot about language with transgenders. I learned that saying 'Tranny' is offensive to trans-genders. Other terms we learned were Trans, Transgender, Tran sexual. Transvestite, and Drag Queens. Drag Queens and Transvestites are like the same thing but Drag Queens often dress like the other gender for entertainment. Transgenders challenge the gender norms not actually changing genders. But a Trans sexual is a person who physically changed genders. To end things off, I enjoyed actually talking with a trans person. I have met a trans people before but never talked to them with a personal subject like this. This was a great experience and can not wait to use this knowledge later in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment