Monday, December 14, 2015

Thoughts on Transgenders

     Throughout the class i felt weird about the presence of the trans man. I wasn't uncomfortable with his presence but i was just a bit confused. I didn't understand the thought process behind changing your gender. The trans was speaking about how he wasn't comfortable with himself. What would that even feel like? I can understand being gay but why change your whole gender? 
     The trans we met seemed not to experience many difficulties coming his way. It seemed as if everyone hes came in contact with (if they knew them) were "ok" with it. I try to put myself in that position, would i be accepting if one of my closest friends changed his gender? Would i stay in contact with him and continue our friendship? Personally i don't think i would. I don't have a problem with them but for a trans to be in my personal life is a bit too unnatural for me. To conclude im not racist against them and im sure it takes a lot of bravery and determination to do that, but i feel like its the extreme to change your gender. 

No comments:

Post a Comment