Thursday, October 22, 2015

Presentations

       Looking at everyone's presentations I see some similarities but it seems to me that there are more differences between all of them.  The timelines that the groups have put together all hold valueble events and times in which these events happened.  I noticed how the more dominant group, which in this case happens to be the White race were barely talked about.  Not one group mentioned any sort of struggles that whites may have gone through.  Does this mean that white people or should I say Europeans didn't face any hardships?  Not necessarily but this tells us who actually wrote the history.  I say this because if I were to write something about myself I don't think I would include anything bad either. In fact I may make it seem as if I was the superior one as well.  
       You see, every group was introduced to the same links of history, whether it was African American history, Asian History, Native American History, or Latino History.  So therefore we all had the same amount of information for each race or ethnic group.  Each group's timeline consisted of the important events or better yet the events that we felt like we needed to include.  What I realized is that we all for the most part had different significant years.  Why is that? I don't think that's a question that can be answered.  
        So the point im getting at here is that history is in the hands of the beholder. Every group had different years that we thought should be included as well as the  years we thought should be excluded.  This means that whoever contributed into the writing and rewriting of history wrote what they interpreted.  In this case, each group interpreted something different.  We all had our point of views and we all had to come to an agreement.  

No comments:

Post a Comment