Sunday, October 25, 2015

Immigration Perspective

     During the presentations, I saw a lot of similarities with my group's presentation. However, they had different points about the subjects. The matters that I saw similar were the points about slavery being "illegal." Everyone also had a point to make about the hardships that all ethnicities went through. This told me that all minority groups went through some form of oppression. I also saw that each minority group had some form of triumph. All of the groups did a good job, but the presentations felt very tedious and people lost attention during the presentations. However, some of the points made were some of the things that I never would never have thought of. The reason for this simple. Each group had a specific theme and each one tried to follow it as best they could.
    The themes that the groups developed corresponded with what they were saying and their presentation. Every time they brought up a minority group, their theme was constantly present and was easy to follow. This kept the presentation fluent and easy to follow. This taught me that I can relate to others opinions and understand their point of view. Through other presentations, I also learned something new about the subjects and a new perspective. Something I was surprised about when Mr. Cassidy was explaining that the whole bus boycott was a planned scheme. I thought it was an incredulous plan. I was always told that Rosa Parks was an innocent woman who was standing up to the "man". The fact that some other woman was supposed to follow through with the plan is still mind bobbling to me. However, I do applaud Rosa Parks for taking on the challenge and following through with the plan. 
     This exercise also taught me to bring all of our ideas together to fit one specific theme. This helped my group come up with a successful timeline. We managed to illustrate the everyday struggles that each "minority" group may be going through. This finally taught me to appreciate the kind of generation that I live in. Through this project, I was exposed to a truly dark chapter of U.S. History. Throughout the last 100 years ago, people have been victims of extreme prejudice. This project showed me how government even showed me how government played a major role in these struggles. Without the triumphs and sacrifices made for each the minority groups, America will still be a hostile segregated country.

No comments:

Post a Comment