Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Presentations blog - Daqwan Moore

After seeing every groups blog, I did recognize that there were all different themes. I also recognized that every group had similar events included into there timelines. At the same time, there were also a couple ones that I did see that didn't pop up as often, but was very important. Though all of the groups information came from the same website for the most part, we all had very different perspectives of them. One very important thing I noticed was, out of all the events chosen not one event effected the white man, yet a lot of them did privilege the white man. This informs me that even though black people weren't the only people that faced challenges they had to overcome, the laws that were enforced always and always will privilege the white man. So you know what that means to me? We still have a long way to gain justice for every race. You can sit and ask yourself, why do these two people have the same event but aren't telling you the same thing? Well this is because we all have different perspectives and to the simple fact that one law can affect a race in many different ways. What is said and what is shown based off of the person who made the presentation. They show and talk about what THEY believe they should show us. Every group had a different theme, but I feel as if the way the events were expressed and talked about in the presentations all the themes chosen could be placed under the same category. In a way they did all link toward each other. One thing about these timelines I already mentioned which I had a firm thought about, was the fact that the law system favored white men without a doubt. Something I think that I took from these projects and think other people would benefit from is to not put your trust and faith in the history books. What is in the history books is what some man believes that we should know. In most of these history books it makes it seem as if the only people that faced hard times were African Americans. Yet, in these presentations I saw Latinos, Asians etc. The history books only tell you half of the story, and many things are hidden from us in society.  

No comments:

Post a Comment