Saturday, October 24, 2015

timelines coming together

           After watching all the presentations, I notice that all of the presentations showed that all races besides whites went through many problems when trying to become a part of America. Most of the groups talk about how Native America were being pushed around by white people and how they had to overcome the torment of the Europeans. Each group did a great job on finding and putting the information together to support  their themes. I notice that groups would use the same information in their presentation which made the information repetitive and I also noticed that the same info can be used to prove different topics. It was interesting to see the differences in some of the choices the other group had with choosing what parts of history were  important and it was also interesting to see some of the things the groups left out. I never knew women had it so hard throughout history, it was even more shocking to find out that white women had almost no rights and even were referred as the property of their husbands back in the day.
           The reasoning for the differences between each of the presentation were because of the theme they chose. Each group had to choose info to back up their theme. All the presentations were good, each presentation taught me something that was important that me or someone in my group looked over. I think for each group 1619 the arrive of African slaves was an important fact. That was known as the first and worst thing that ever happened for African Americans. I never knew that slavery for Africans went on long after it became illegal. This project helped me to learn how people in society choose what is important from what is not. A prime example of this would be the textbook. In textbooks, people choose what is important and what is not. This is a problem because everyone is not getting to learn about their history.      

No comments:

Post a Comment