Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Perspective on presentations

    In the presentations I saw a lot of the same things we put on our own presentation but they had different points about the subjects. That's what made ours different from the others. But things I seen similar were the points about slavery being illegal but not banned. Everyone also had a point to make about the hardships that hardships went through. This told me that people care for the things other minorities went through other than just blacks and hispanics. I also saw in all of them the strives these groups made even though being held down at the same time and overcoming. All of the groups did a good job in explaining but was very repetitive and made people in the class restless about hearing the same. But some had good points I wouldn't have thought of in the my own mind. The reason that we had all of these different points about these subjects are because of the sheer fact that people have different opinions about the same issues throughout history.

    Themes that the groups came up with corresponded great with the presentation they did. It ended all up coming around and hitting that main theme they stated at the beginning. This helped me get a better understanding of the point of their whole presentation. Also with these themes it helped understand how I can apply this to my life and maybe share this understanding of these issues with others. This taught me that I can relate to others opinions and make something out of them. Through other presentation I also learned something new about the subjects and a new perspective. Something I was surprised about when I heard it was that the whole bus boycott was planned. I thought it was spontaneous and not all thought out. I didn't know that Rosa Parks wasn't even that old. I thought with this all going all I thought she was an elderly woman too tired to move out of her seat so she arrested because of that. I also didn't know that some other woman suppose to follow through with the plan but things happened and Rosa Parks took on the challenge and followed through with the plan. This was very mind blowing because it could've been someone else's name we would be talking about or the plan may have not went through. That made me ask many questions of why Rosa Parks and not anyone else or if she made the plan work and the biggest question what would have happened if it weren't her.

This exercise also taught us to bring all of our ideas together to fit one specific theme. This helped us come up with this project to make it a successful timeline of all the everyday struggles that these ethnic groups went through and maybe still go through. This finally taught to appreciate the kind of life I got now because my life could be way more worse because less than 100 years ago all of this extreme prejudice was even in laws and allowed people to segregate us from whites. Without these breakthroughs and sacrifices made for us America will still be as screwed up as it was before.   

No comments:

Post a Comment