Tuesday, September 22, 2015

What I learned William Dukevicz

William Dukevicz            

          What stuck out to me the most was the first chapter we read. There were two different type of level. Meso and micro. Meso is the older level. Micro level is the younger level. At the Meso level is like the high school level. In high school you are supposed to be somewhat mature. When you're in the Meso level you're supposed to know how to act and stuff. For example kids in my school act like they're younger. They be acting like kids that are in middle school. In my point of view you're supposed to be a little grown up at the Meso level. In the Micro level Is when you're at a young age. When you're at the micro you don't know how to act if something big happens in your life. At the micro level it's not your fault because you're at a young age and you don't know how to overcome big challenges in life. For example if your parents divorce and you a child at the age of five years old you might be dry upset for a long time , that could affect a child in the micro level for the rest of his or her life. What else stuck up to me in class was the movies that we watched. They stuck out to me because when I watched those movies when I was a child I didn't notice the words and music the characters were actually saying. Now when I'm older and I watched and payed close attention to the movies i feel a different way towards those movies. What the mermaid said in the movie can change the way a child acts completely. When a little kid watches this they will just be entertained but some of the things that is said can get stuck in the back of there head and once they grow up they can act a certain way. The mermaid said all you have to do is worry about your body and worry about how you look. The way she said it meant that nothing matters in your life except your body. Also the monkey video. The music in the monkey video was swing jazz music. That video was pretty racist because I think the bear said " cuz" and he was referred to the black guy and the lion spoke proper English and was looked as the white guy. As a child you don't notice these small things but once you get older you can start to see different things that happen. This is what I learned and what I interpreted the last couple of days in the readings and in class.

1 comment:

  1. Will,

    I'd like you to reread the information about Micro and Meso levels. I think there is more to it than what you mention. You are referring to those levels as only being about age. I believe they are much more about environment. Micro being the people and things that are closest to me. Meso being the larger communities of which I am a part. Certainly, at young ages, we are exposed mostly only to the Micro level, because we are only exposed to our parents and immediate families. We do engage more on the meso level as we get older and engage in school, teams, etc. However, we still have the micro level all through our lives. Reread this section and see if this makes any more sense to you.

    ReplyDelete